Sunday, April 5, 2009

Trip to Ur and other random stuff.

05APR09

I was fortunate enough to make it on one of Ur visits. Ur is the city referenced in the bible as the home town of Abraham, the man who God called to follow him. Some say it is also the birthplace of Christianity as Jesus comes from Abraham's lineage. You can read more about Abraham in the Old Testament. The city of Ur is also famous for being the oldest recorded city in history, over 5000 years old. It is the birthplace of the wheel, written language, commerce, interest, loans, and much more...I have some links on my blog site if you are interested in reading more, or you can google for yourself. I have been blessed to visit a place of such historical significance.



The other photos are just some random stuff, a few shout outs to some local establishments back home that I like to visit and plan on doing so when I get home, probably a few times.



As always, enjoy the pics.
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics soldier! We have a couple friends from Phoenix visiting us in London and just showed them the Praha dance video. Great memories. Be safe brotha.
Siurek
DMOC